Innovation maritime developed a submarine emergency evacuation simulator taking into account the specific training needs of the Institut maritime du Québec (IMQ) and l’École des opérations navales des Forces canadiennes (EONFC).
The CSET is a diving bell equipped with a replica submarine escape tower. This bell is moved vertically in a water column using mechanical systems.
- Replica of a submarine evacuation tower.
- Structure designed according to ASME PVHO.
- Capacity of five submariners and one instructor.
- Main chamber of the simulator at atmospheric pressure.
- The SET has a height of 4.6 m (15 ft) and weighs 6 600 kg (14 500 lb).
- Training performed in a perfectly controlled environment.
- Effective emergency operation procedures.
- The depth of the training can be chosen according to the customer’s specifications or the physical capacity of the submariners.
- Can be used for man evacuation, hasty evacuation, POD installation exercises, etc.
- Depth of the variable training (up to 30 m).
- Easily transportable simulator.
- Same evacuation procedure as in an emergency.
- Replica of a Victoria class submarine escape tower.
More than 1,200 Canadian and Australian submariners have been trained since 2003.